How To Optimize Your Website For Voice Search?
Let’s start by asking Google whether optimizing the website for voice search really important? And the answer is – Yes!
Many website owners have awakened after knowing the importance of voice search for SEO as it continues to become the fastest growing form of the search.
From Google Assistant to Siri and from Cortana to Amazon Alexa, all these popular voice-activated assistants have smartly paved their way from mobile phones to homes and finally to our personal lives. And with all that, even your SEO strategies need to adapt to these whole new forms of search queries.
Voice search has earned great value as it’s easier for a user to speak with an assistant than to type it on Google and it is being claimed by Google that by 2020, half of the searches will be conducted using voice search as it has changed the way Google handles the search queries.
What is Google Voice Search?
Voice Search is a practice that allows users to search for a query on Google using their voices instead of typing. Generally, a wake phrase is used to indicate Google to start examining what the user is saying which is “OK Google”, after which you can start speaking and voila, Google will fetch all the relevant results for the query, that too Faster!
How does Voice Search Work?
Voice Search incorporates speech recognition to get into the shoes of a user to understand what is the meaning of his query and then finds an online match that is relevant to the query and serves the purpose. It also provides the user with a much more natural and intuitive experience.
When it’s conducted from a mobile phone, the user is directed to a web page that answers the query and with smart speakers, the speakers usually read out the information that is most relevant to the query.
While there is a difference in the search behavior of adults and teens, most of the people use voice search to call someone, to ask for a location’s direction, to check the time, to play a song, to find out movie times, etc.
Tips to Optimize your Website for Voice Search
To help you with Voice Search and make your website ready for Position V: featured voice search result, here are some of the tips:
- Research Keywords: Keyword length increases when a voice search is implemented because of the nature of how we speak. We don’t say “housekeeping services” as we type it in Google but rather say “Do you know of any housekeeping services providers in this area?”, even though we are speaking to a device. Hence, the keywords for voice SEO are not the same as traditional SEO ones. These keywords are long-tail keywords that are more similar to the questions people use to ask the devices.
- Create a Content Strategy: For SEO you need a long-form content that answers the questions of your target audience and will attract them to your website. Long-form content increases the chances of your website being ranked higher and helps you to gain influence and grow your count of readers. Along with this, you need to create short-form content too that will attract those readers who are searching for quick and crisp answers.
- Create an FAQ Page: In order to optimize your website for voice search, you need to provide the answers to your reader’s questions. An FAQ page can help you in providing answers to some of the most common questions that are related to your business and even allows you to create long-tail keywords in your content.
- Create a Social Media Buzz: In today’s online world, social media is one of the most powerful marketing tools. Almost all the people are active on at least one of the social media platforms and are engaging with their friends, families and even brands and companies. People give reviews, ask questions, share them with each other and explore the market on Social Media. So, in order to grow influence over the audience, you need to be active on Social Media.
- Update your Local Listing: To optimize for voice search, you need to get your Google My Business listing up to date right now. Whenever a query using the words “near me” is made, that’s when a Google business listing is searched for and that’s why your business needs to be listed there. The more updated your listing is, the more are the chances that your site will be relevant and useful to your potential audience.
Hopefully, after this post, you’ve known the tremendous potential of voice search and how it holds the power of affecting your advertising campaigns and taking forward your marketing strategies. The future of Voice Search still remains to unfold, however, it is evident that it will continue to become more responsive, accurate and smarter. And for marketers, it brings an exciting opportunity to explore its incredible benefits.
To know more or get any help regarding SEO related services, hire SEO experts in Chandigarh, India at Ambiente Technologies.